Health Highlight Report for Harding County
Child Care, Licensed Provider Total Capacity, All Children, June 2017: Licensed Child Care Capacity - Number of Seats, June 2017
Harding County0 95% Confidence IntervalDNADescription of the Confidence IntervalThe confidence interval indicates the range of probable true values for the level of risk in the community.
A value of "DNA" (Data Not Available) will appear if the confidence interval was not published with the IBIS indicator data for this measure.
Statistical StabilityDNADescription of Statistical Stability
- Stable = This count or rate is relatively stable and should provide a good estimate of your community risk.
- Unstable = This count or rate is statistically unstable (RSE >0.30), and may fluctuate widely due to random variation (chance).
- Very Unstable = This count or rate is extremely unstable (RSE >0.50). This value should not be used to represent your population risk. You should combine years or otherwise increase the population denominator in this calculation.
- DNA = Data Not Available. The required community value and/or confidence interval was not available for this measure.
New Mexico DNA U.S. DNADNA=Data not available.
Harding County Compared to State
Description of Dashboard Gauge
Description of the Dashboard GaugeThis "dashboard" type graphic is based on the community data on the right. It compares the community value on this indicator to the state overall value.
The community value is considered statistically significantly different from the state value if the state value is outside the range of the community's 95% confidence interval. If the community's data or 95% confidence interval information is not available, a blank gauge image will be displayed with the message, "missing information."NOTE: The labels used on the gauge graphic are meant to describe the community's status in plain language. The placement of the gauge needle is based solely on the statistical difference between the community and state values. When selecting priority health issues to work on, a community should take into account additional factors such as how much improvement could be made, the U.S. value, the statistical stability of the community number, the severity of the health condition, and whether the difference is clinically significant.
- Excellent = The community's value on this indicator is BETTER than the state value, and the difference IS statistically significant.
- Watch = The community's value is BETTER than state value, but the difference IS NOT statistically significant.
- Improvement Needed = The community's value on this indicator is WORSE than the state value, but the difference IS NOT statistically significant.
- Reason for Concern = The community's value on this indicator is WORSE than the state value, and the difference IS statistically significant.
Why Is This Important?Working parents frequently depend on out-of-home child care to allow them to balance their employment and family needs. Accessing child-care facilities that are located near work, home, or school can be a challenge for many parents, particularly those who rely on public transportation or live in rural areas. Quality child-care and early-education programs support a child's development and prepare them for success in school. Research shows that children who attend high-quality preschool programs are more likely to have a variety of positive social and health outcomes.
Healthy People Objective EMC-1:(Developmental) Increase the proportion of children who are ready for school in all five domains of healthy development: physical development, social-emotional development, approaches to learning, language, and cognitive development
U.S. Target: Developmental
Relevant Population Characteristics:
- Child Care, Licensed Provider Capacity for Infants and Toddlers, June 2017
- Child Care, Quality Rating for Licensed Providers, June 2017
- Child Care, Licensed Care Availability, June 2017
- Child Care, Working Families and Availability of Licensed Providers, June 2017
- New Mexico Population - Age 0-5
- New Mexico Population - Single Female Head of Household
- New Mexico Population - Young Children With Parents in the Workforce
Data SourcesNew Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department, PO Drawer 5160 Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160. Phone: (505)827-8400. Website: www.cyfd.org.
Measure Description for Child Care, Licensed Provider Total Capacity, All Children, June 2017
Definition: The June 2017 total capacity of all licensed child care facilities.
Numerator: Not Applicable
Denominator: Not Applicable