View System - System Information Overview
The IBIS-PH View System Information section provides general information about this application and is intended for project managers, system administrators, content managers, and application developers. The goal of this section is to provide a high level view of the application. This includes the system architecture, system requirements, and basic design, and a history on what decisions went into the system.
The View System provides three basic types of pages:
- Static content type web pages. These type of pages include introduction pages, pages which give information about the site, the health department, and any other web page content that is not the result of a dynamic, data driven web page.
- Indicator Profile reports. Dynamically generated health indicator report pages are based on data stored in a database and maintained by various health agency offices via the Data Admin system.
- Custom dataset queries. This include dataset selection pages, query builder pages, and query result pages. The selection and builder pages are defined and controlled by a special corresponding module XML file. These pages are all dynamically generated with the result content being generated from the IBIS-Q system.
View System's High Level Features:
- Allows the public the ability to access rolled up, pre aggregated health indicator profile reports
- Allows real time query access to the public deidentified health datasets
- HTML content pages which are focused solely on the main page content (page content is free of header, footer, navigation, and other common page content)
- Developed on open standards and a pluggable framework
- Able to run on all modern hardware and operating systems
- Designed and built to be 508 compliant
- Produces high quality, interactive SVG based charts and maps
- Produces JPEG charts and maps for those users who do not want to use the SVG browser plugin
- All pages can be formatted in a printer friendly manner
- User preferences - ability to specify the graphic type and how to control the query builder interface.
- Able to provide online reports like the Utah Public Health Outcome Measures Report (PHOM).
Basic Overview of How the System WorksThe IBIS-PH View application consists of XML data being transformed into an HTML page via an XSLT (XML Stylesheet). Java code is used to control which XML data file(s) and which XSLT transformation stylesheet(s) are to be used when creating the HTML page. The Java code is built upon the Spring MVC Framework and utilizes open source XML parsers and the SAXON XSLT 2.0 transformation engine.
System Information Documentation Section OverviewThe View System's Information documentation section includes the following pages:
- View System Architecture - High level architecture showing the main parts of the IBIS-PH View System
- View System Design Decisions - Features, design goals, decisions, and history
- View System Requirements - Recommended hardware, operating systems, server software, and software & hardware dependencies
- Application's Directories and Files - Table of all directories with a description of that directories contents are and when applicable, a description of specific files (like control files etc.). This also points out which directories are static and which ones can be changed and where those changes need to be reflected in which configuration file.