|County||Age-adjusted Diabetes Deaths per 100,000 Population||Lower Limit||Upper Limit||Note||Numer- ator||Denom- inator|
Record Count: 35
|Catron||21.4||0.0||42.9||very unreliable rate||4||11,230|
|De Baca||44.0||5.4||82.5||unreliable rate||5||5,958|
|Harding||41.5||0.0||99.2||very unreliable rate||2||2,081|
|Hidalgo||20.2||0.0||44.3||very unreliable rate||3||14,282|
|Los Alamos||8.4||1.6||15.1||unreliable rate||6||54,353|
Data NotesAge-adjusted to U.S. 2000 population, except for rates by age group. Diabetes deaths include those with ICD10 codes E10 - E14 and as underlying cause of death. IMPORTANT: 2011-13 rates for Catron, Harding and Hidalgo counties are very unreliable, while rates for De Baca, Guadalupe, Los Alamos, Quay, Torrance and Union counties are unreliable. This is due to the low number of deaths (<10) in each county in this period. Include the lower and upper rates when using the county rate. Here's an example: Guadalupe County rate is 47.2 diabetes deaths per 100,000. The lower and upper limits (i.e., the 95% confidence limits) for this death rate are 16.3 and 78.1 diabetes deaths per 100,000.
Data SourceNew Mexico Death Data: Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics (BVRHS), New Mexico Department of Health.
- by Year, New Mexico and U.S. 2000-2014
- by Age Group and Sex, New Mexico, 2011 - 2013
- by County, New Mexico, 2011 - 2013
- Bernalillo County 2000 through 2012, Three-Year Averages
- by Urban and Rural Counties, New Mexico, 2011 - 2013
- by Race/Ethnicity, New Mexico, 2011 - 2013
- by Race/Ethnicity and Sex, New Mexico, 2011 - 2013
- by NM DOH Race/Ethnicity, 2005 through 2014, Three-Year Averages
- by 108 Small Areas, New Mexico, 2008-2011
DefinitionA rate defined as the number of deaths attributed to diabetes per 100,000 people, age-adjusted to the 2000 U.S. population; also known as the 'diabetes death rate'.
How We Calculated the Rates
|Numerator:||Number of deaths among New Mexico residents, per year, due to diabetes as the underlying cause of death.|
|Denominator:||Estimated total number (population) of New Mexico residents in a specific year.|
Date Indicator Content Last Updated: 09/14/2015