|NM vs. U.S.||Year||Age-adjusted Diabetes Deaths per 100,000 Population||Lower Limit||Upper Limit||Numer- ator||Denom- inator|
Record Count: 29
Data NotesAge-adjusted to U.S. 2000 population, except for rates by age group. Diabetes deaths include those with ICD10 codes E10 - E14 and as underlying cause of death.
- New Mexico Death Data: Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics (BVRHS), New Mexico Department of Health.
- Population Data Source: Geospatial and Population Studies Program, University of New Mexico. http://bber.unm.edu/bber_research_demPop.html.
- U.S. Data Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/.
- by Year, New Mexico and U.S., 2000-2014
- by Age Group and Sex, New Mexico, 2012 - 2014
- by County, New Mexico, 2012- 2014
- Bernalillo County 2000 through 2014, Three-Year Averages
- by Urban and Rural Counties, New Mexico, 2012 - 2014
- by Race/Ethnicity, New Mexico, 2012 - 2014
- by Race/Ethnicity and Sex, New Mexico, 2012 - 2014
- by Race and Ethnicity, New Mexico, 2005 through 2014, Three-Year Averages
- by 108 Small Areas, New Mexico, 2008-2011
DefinitionThe diabetes death rate: the number of deaths attributed to diabetes per 100,000 people, age-adjusted to the 2000 U.S. population.
How We Calculated the Rates
|Numerator:||Number of deaths among New Mexico residents due to diabetes as the underlying cause of death.|
|Denominator:||Estimated total number (population) of New Mexico residents.|
Date Indicator Content Last Updated: 11/03/2015