Community Health Assessment Resources
This page provides links to documents and resources for community health assessment. Click on a blue bar to expand it to see the content.
Please feel free to contact us
if you have questions, or suggestions for additions or improvements to this web page or the NM-IBIS website.
Map Images for New Mexico Health RegionsHealth Regions for data display were updated in September 2012. For administrative purposes, NMDOH has only four regions where the Northwest and Metro regions combine into one Northwest Region.
- Health Regions Map: .PNG file NO region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PDF file NO region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PNG file WITH region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PNG file, Red, WITH region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PDF file WITH region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PPT file with clickable, modifiable county colors
- Health Regions Map: .PDF file with basemap, includes cities and highways.
Map Images for Urban and Rural CountiesNMDOH uses the 2013 NCHS Urban-Rural Classification Scheme for Counties, where the NCHS designations of Medium Metro, Small Metro, Micropolitan, and Noncore have been renamed to Metropolitan, Small Metro, Mixed Urban/Rural and Rural, respectively, for use in New Mexico.
- NM Community Health Council Health Councils Plans, Profiles and Websites (exits IBIS)
- New Mexico Community Health Assessment and Planning Guidebook (2009)
- Community Health Improvement Planning Framework (2009)
- Race and Ethnicity Measurement and Coding
- NM American Indian Tribes Map
National Indicator Systems
- Healthy People 2020 (exits IBIS)
- Health Indicators Warehouse (exits IBIS)
- County Health Rankings (exits IBIS)
- Community Health Status Indicators (CHSI) Project (exits IBIS)
- Kaiser Family Foundation State Health Facts (exits IBIS)