This page provides links to documents and resources for epidemiology and public health statistics. Click on a blue bar to expand it to see the content.
Please feel free to contact us
with questions or suggestions.
The NM-IBIS "Glossary and Index" (bottom button on the left navigation menu) also provides links to many of these pages.
Counts and Rates in Epidemiology
- Health Event Counts
- Health Event Rates (Crude Rates)
- Direct Age Adjustment
- U.S. 2000 Weights for Age-adjustment
- Age adjustment using the 2000 projected U.S. population. Healthy People Statistical Notes, no. 20 (Klein RJ and Schoenborn CA)
- Indirect Age Adjustment
Common Summary Measures and Statistics
Online Training and Resources
These are the current standard population files for use on NM-IBIS and within NMDOH.
These pages and documents describe NMDOH data reporting standards and coding systems for release and reporting of data in public reports..
- NMDOH Small Numbers Reporting Rule
- NMDOH Principles for Updating Numerator and Denominator Data
- NMDOH Race and Hispanic Ethnicity Definition Change
- NMDOH Race and Hispanic Ethnicity Reporting Rule
- Race and Ethnicity Measurement and Reporting, Background
- DOH Geocoding Protocol
- FIPS Codes (County ID)
- MMWR Week Calendar Dates
Map Images for New Mexico Health RegionsHealth Regions for data display were updated in September 2012. For administrative purposes, NMDOH has only four regions where the Northwest and Metro regions combine into one Northwest Region.
- Health Regions Map: .PNG file NO region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PDF file NO region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PNG file WITH region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PNG file, Red, WITH region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PDF file WITH region names superimposed
- Health Regions Map: .PPT file with clickable, modifiable county colors
- Health Regions Map: .PDF file with basemap, includes cities and highways.